Churchfields Primary School
T: 020 86505247
Churchfields Primary School Communications strategy
At Churchfields Primary School, we maintain a high standard of communication with parents, carers and the wider community that we serve.
We have a wide range of channels of communication and where possible we aim to use electronic methods of communication, both to maximise the speed and ease of communication and to ensure that we use as little paper as possible. We can of course provide paper copies on request from the school office where necessary.
We aim to respond as quickly as possible to all communications from parents. As schools are very busy places (we have nearly 500 children on site everyday), please be aware that you may not get an immediate response. We aim to acknowledge all correspondence from parents/carers the same day and respond fully within 3 working days.
- Calendar section that we regularly update and which includes key dates.
- Class pages are updated termly giving key information for parents of children in that class (both about what the children are learning and days for PE etc).
Behaviour Rewards and Sanctions
- Real time email communications to parents and carers regarding Behaviour Rewards and Sanctions
Parent volunteers who act as a channel of communication to distribute general messages from the class teacher to the parents.
Contacting the Class Teacher
- Every class has an email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teachers will aim to respond to emails within 3 working days.
At times, we will need to communicate with parents/carers more urgently and these communications will generally come by text message. Examples of this type of communication would include cancellation of an extra curricular club, significant weather problems and so forth.
Who Can Help
Contact the School Office to discuss:
Attendance, illness, lateness, lunches, payments for trips or any other enquiries.020 8650 5247 email@example.com
Please call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your child's name, class and reason for absence by 9am.
Breakfast & After school club
For any Breakfast club and After School Club enquiries please call the office or email email@example.com
Should you need to contact the After School Club supervisor to advise any last minute collection arrangements, please call them on 07736 070 063.
Contact the class teacher to discuss:
Questions about the school day, how your child is getting on, worries about playtime, friendship issues or behaviour firstname.lastname@example.org@sch.uk
Contact the phase leader if:
You cannot resolve concerns with your class teacher or you feel that issues are more ongoing
Contact a member of SLT if :
You have already tried to resolve the issue with class teacher/phase leader or if the issue relates to whole school policy or procedure.
- Mr Hyndley, Headteacher
- Mr Harper, Deputy Headteacher
- Mrs White, Assistant Headteacher, Designated Safeguarding Lead, Inclusion Leader (SENCo)
- Mr Matthews, Assistant Headteacher
- Ms Burnett, Assistant Headteacher